At Chatterbox Speech Pathology we want the best for your child. Our therapists are kind and caring. They are passionate about working with children and helping your child to realise their true potential.
We understand how clever children can be, and how quickly their skills can change, which is why we collaborate with those most important in your child's life to develop and implement individual goals for your child. This ensures your child gets the quickest results they can.
Our Speech Pathologists understand your needs, and we only employ experienced Speech Pathologists, who are required to continually update their skills and attend Professional Development courses, so they continue to provide you with the latest scientifically supported therapy for your child.
Our Speech Pathologists are all registered for Private health fund rebates. We offer HICAPS for our clients to take the hassle out of claiming from your health fund. A Doctor's referral is not necessary. We are registered under Medicare for the Chronic Conditions and Complex care items. For more information click here
Chatterbox Speech Pathology is also an approved service provider under the FaHCSIA "Helping children with Autism" package and the "Better Start" program.
Be a Chatterbox Champ because we are a family friendly practice. We believe learning should be fun!
We are also winners of the Penrith Press Local Business of the Year in 2009, as well as:
- 2008 Readers Choice Winner
- 2009 Readers Choice Winner
- 2009 Professional Services Winner
- 2009 Energy Efficiency Winner
- 2010 Readers Choice Winner
Penrith: 680 High Street Penrith, NSW 2750.
Oran Park: Level 3, Suite 306, 351 Oran Park Drive, Oran Park, NSW, 2570
Your child will be assessed by our expert therapists in our modern consulting rooms. You will be required to fill in a detailed questionnaire about your child's strengths and difficulties, as well as your concerns. Assessment will be conducted at the level of your child's skills, with their interests in mind. At the conclusion of the assessment our therapists will give you information about your child's skills as well as their recommendations for therapy.
Therapy is completely individualised to your child. A detailed goals list and complete therapy program will be provided for your child. We aim for you to understand the therapy process and have the tools to maximise your child's learning at home. This program can also be used at your child's preschool or school. Attendance at each and every session is strongly recommended in order to make the maximum gains and to continue to provide therapy exercises for your child.
Therapy is provided in a fun environment. Computer programs designed by Chatterbox Speech Pathologists specifically for our clients are used to teach our children.
Therapy may focus on:
- First words
- Producing speech sounds correctly (articulation)
- Understanding words
- Following directions
- Using the correct sentence structure
- Listening and attention
- Spelling letters and words
- Reading words
- Reading comprehension
We also work with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Difficulties
- Intellectual Delays
If you have concerns for your child's speech, language or literacy skills contact Chatterbox Speech Pathology at Penrith on 47312432or Oran Park on 4647 6777 to make an appointment for your child.
- "I never knew learing could be so much fun!" (Mother of Bianca)
- "Thankyou for giving me my son" (Mother of Ryan)
- "You have done more in 3 weeks than other therapists have done in 3 months" (Mother of Lana)
- "We are so grateful we chose Chatterbox Speech Pathology to teach our daughter, her speech has improved immensely in 5 months.... you have been a terrific teacher, who is very kind and caring, thankyou so much!" (Mother of Alicia)
- "We believe you bring out the best in him, thanks for helping him reach his potential" (Mother of Ethan)
- "Thankyou for your time, effort and patience. We really do appreciate all your help and understanding over the years" (Mother of Liam)