Autism across the Lifespan: An update on all things Autism
Professor Jacqueline Roberts
Registration Now Closed
25th - 26th September 2014
Broncos Leagues Club
98 Fulcher Road, Red Hill
29th - 30th September 2014
(Monday - Tuesday)
15-21 Therry St, Melbourne
2nd - 3rd October 2014
(Thursday - Friday)
Cnr Ransley St and Mulgoa Rd,
1 day: $295 (Earlybird)
2 days: $495 (Earlybird)
(Earlybird closes on the 11th September for all venues)
Add an additional $88 if registering after earlybird.
Workshop: 9am - 4pm
What do you tell your families who have a child with a diagnosis of ASD?
- Know your statistics, in order to empower your families with up to date evidence based information about prevalence, aetiology, genotypes and phenotypes.
- Intervention outcomes for those diagnosed with ASD. Longitudinal studies discuss the outcomes for intervention at preschool and school and the current literature on prognosis as people enter adulthood.
- What issues and concerns are we likely to need to deal with when working with families?
Early Intervention for Children with ASD
- Early intervention programs available for ASD? Which ones really work and why?
- Dosage? How much is enough? What does the evidence say?
- Evidence based strategies for use in clinical practice; improve outcomes for the children on your caseload with ASD.
Funding—there is a lot out there!
- Experience of families and professionals so far.
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) update. What’s the latest?
- Helping children with Autism (HCWA) update. What’s the latest?
Assessment and intervention for COMMUNICATION and SOCIAL characteristics of ASD:
- An outline of communication characteristics in children with ASD
- An outline of social characteristics in children with ASD
- Practical strategies to develop these skills in children with ASD
- Taking the perspective of people on the Autism Spectrum.
Autism through school and beyond......
- Support for school aged children with ASD. What models of service delivery and support are out there? What works; benefits and negatives? What does the evidence say?
- Transition to post school? What do we know about what works?
- What are the outcomes, opportunities and support available for employment, community living and policy for young people on the autism spectrum?