03 Jan Occupational Therapy For Children Near Kenthurst | Kids OT
Occupational Therapy For Children near Kenthurst
Local Kids OT
At Chatterbox we want the best for your child. Our paediatric occupational therapists are kind and caring. They are passionate about working with children and helping your child to realise their true potential – with 4 clinics near Kenthurst.
Our occupational therapy clinics provide a warm friendly environment where your child’s needs will be supported and their gains will be celebrated. All of our occupational therapists share a passion for working with children and families to best support their learning goals.
How can an Occupational Therapist help your child?
Our occupational therapists are committed to empowering children and families with communication skills which foster learning and encourage your child to join in on activities at home and within the Kenthurst community. We can provide care for children suffering from
- Fine motor Skills
- Gross motor Skills
- Sensory integration
- Sensory Processing and Sensory Defensiveness
- Social Skills
- Play Skills
- Self regulation
- Self Care and toileting advice
- Visual Motor skills
We believe every child has the right to have access to occupational therapy no matter where they live, so we offer online therapy services as well as services within our clinics, we proudly also offer our services to local Kenthurst residents.
What does an Occupational Therapist Do?
Paediatric Occupational Therapists are trained to assess and provide therapy for children who may experience difficulties with their fine, gross or visual motor skills as well as sensory and emotional regulation difficulties. Our occupational therapists help local children near Kenthurst to participate and engage in their everyday lives.
Paediatric Occupational Therapists are trained to help children with the occupation of being a child, so making and keeping friends, playing, building, running, jumping, being creative, listening and self care skills like getting dressed and putting on shoes.
What can an Occupational Therapist assist with?
The common issues Paediatric Occupational Therapists can help with are:
- Fine motor skills or finger skills like cutting, holding pencils, using zippers, doing up buttons
- Gross motor skills or whole body movements like running, jumping, swimming, riding a bike, throwing and catching balls
- Sensory Processing skills for concentration and learning that focus on how the body responses to external stimulus which impacts concentration, behaviour and learning.
- Self care skills like dressing, toileting, eating or sleeping.
- Visual motor skills that help a child to interpret visual information that helps for reading, writing or catching a ball.