Physiotherapy services for kids
At Chatterbox we want the best for your family. Our Physiotherapists are kind and caring. They are passionate about working with children and helping your child to realise their true potential.
Our clinics provide a warm and friendly environment where your child’s needs will be supported and their progress will be celebrated. All of our Physiotherapists share a passion for working with children and families to best support their motor development.
Our Physiotherapists are committed to empowering children and families with skills which support your child to develop independence, navigate their environment safely and join in on activities at home and within the community. They provide care for children with developmental, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions that can affect children and young teens.
How can a Physiotherapist help your child?
Our Paediatric Physiotherapists can help your child by creating opportunities to develop a range of skills and encourage independence and confidence through play, movement-based activities and strategies. Some of the things our Physiotherapists can support your child with are:
- Low muscle tone, strength and/or endurance
- Poor core strength
- Difficulties with coordination
- Difficulties with balance
- Gross motor skills and activities, e.g. running, walking, sitting
- Injury and frequent falls
- Toe walking, in-toe walking (pigeon)
What does a Physiotherapist do?
Physiotherapists are extensively trained in the assessment, identification and treatment of child development and movement difficulties. Our Physiotherapists have highly developed skills to create individualised therapy programs for children that are fun, engaging and creative. They use movement-based play activities to ensure that your child achieves their goals while having some fun! Our Physiotherapy team collaborates with the key people in their life as well as other professionals who support your family to ensure a holistic approach to care.
- Identify what is going on for your child and why some difficulties or behaviours might be happening
- Provide you with a plan to get your child moving in the right direction immediately
- Create an individualised solution to help you get the results that your family needs